Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Custom trigger/gate lengths
I was wondering if it would be possible to make a way to assign lengths to the trigger/gate out values, and if so, if there was a way to set the lengths per track in NerdSeq. I have a module (x0xheart) in which all the (x0 value) triggers except F0 are too short for its internal VCA to the point where it is barely audible. I think it is because it treats the gate as a square envelope of on/off and the majority of the "on" are way too short to generate any standard length notes without heavy use of F0 and [--] commands all over the track. My only alternate work around is using 01 which has a very slight delay due to its expected behavior. 

Thanks!
You are using only the trigger functionality which do indeed only trigger. Normally you don’t control a VCA but for example an envelope with it.
They are more possibilities generating longer pulses or gates than using the trigger column.
Either using the auto gating and note off or the kill command. With both you can get flexible trigger/gate lengts. But then still, using an envelope with the xox heart is the best and common solution i think.
Flexible programming is already possible.
Ok, I'll give it a shot. Envelopes it is!