Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Few feature requests
Not sure if some of these are in the new firmware, but I had a think on a few features which could be handy.

- Assignable velocity or aftertouch via MOD output? Would be nice to use if I intend to use a channel as a MIDI/CV converter.
- The ability to include the expander triggers/CV as FX commands, similar to how you can use current channels. Would allow for using the FX lanes as a trigger area for the expanders without the need to assign a track/the need for extra tracks.
- The ability to "type in" a note via MIDI or CV at a given position while in record mode. At the moment it's only at the first step. Would really help in making precise melodies VERY quickly. Could work for MOD/FX lanes too.
- The ability to change the MIDI channels of channels 1-6, and to have MIDI control of channels 7/8
(05-28-2019, 09:49 AM)shledge Wrote: Not sure if some of these are in the new firmware, but I had a think on a few features which could be handy.

- Assignable velocity or aftertouch via MOD output? Would be nice to use if I intend to use a channel as a MIDI/CV converter.
Mod is currently routed via Midi CC 1 (Modwheel). A more flexible midi implementation will be there at some point.

- The ability to include the expander triggers/CV as FX commands, similar to how you can use current channels. Would allow for using the FX lanes as a trigger area for the expanders without the need to assign a track/the need for extra tracks.

I think that wouldn't be possible. Just imagine what info you would need for that on the FX column: NSA/Expander number, command/output, value. Usually you only got value per FX.

- The ability to "type in" a note via MIDI or CV at a given position while in record mode. At the moment it's only at the first step. Would really help in making precise melodies VERY quickly. Could work for MOD/FX lanes too.

Requested several times and also on my list. How and what to insert in the MOD/FX lanes then?

- The ability to change the MIDI channels of channels 1-6, and to have MIDI control of channels 7/8

On the 2do list. Channels 7/8 or at least the samples can be controlled through channels 7..16 already.

Many things are already on the list and i do my best to get most of it integrated.
- Mod is currently routed via Midi CC 1 (Modwheel). A more flexible midi implementation will be there at some point.
Didn't know about this. So it will output a voltage on that MOD channel if I play it live?

- Requested several times and also on my list. How and what to insert in the MOD/FX lanes then?
For MOD, could automatically be a note. FX lines could be set in MIDI input settings.

- On the 2do list. Channels 7/8 or at least the samples can be controlled through channels 7..16 already.
Are they? I haven't been successful when trying to do this, but that was on the previous firmware. Haven't tried on 1.19.
- Mod is currently routed via Midi CC 1 (Modwheel). A more flexible midi implementation will be there at some point.
Didn't know about this. So it will output a voltage on that MOD channel if I play it live?
Yes exactly!

- On the 2do list. Channels 7/8 or at least the samples can be controlled through channels 7..16 already.
Are they? I haven't been successful when trying to do this, but that was on the previous firmware. Haven't tried on 1.19.
Yes, higher channels trigger the samples with the pitch. Very basic but fun! In there since ages Smile