Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Pre-listen enhancement
Hi everyone.
I have the nerdseq for a few weeks and found it very deep.

I have a request like when pre-listening the notes at pattern screen why MOD out does not set to the step value?
It will make setting specific values to mod out easier like selecting model at plaits, or splice at morphagene etc.

Maybe firing a short trigger will also help to program the pattterns.
(05-31-2019, 07:01 PM)swashplate Wrote: Hi everyone.
I have the nerdseq for a few weeks and found it very deep.

I have a request like when pre-listening the notes at pattern screen why MOD out does not set to the step value?
It will make setting specific values to mod out easier like selecting model at plaits, or splice at morphagene etc.

Maybe firing a short trigger will also help to program the pattterns.

Hmm...if i understand it right: thats included already. If a note is filled in in the MOD column, you can prelisten to it by pressing OK. It will also 'shoot' a trigger.
If also a note is filled in in the Note column, this one is being changed as well (and the other way around).
That's included since firmware V1.05
Ah, sorry. You are right about the trigger.
But i couldn find any settings about the mod out.

At the release notes its indicated as:
- fixed the problem that when a whole sequencer row was 'triggered' (with shift) while playing that the sample tracks did not 'trigger' as well

But it does not seem to change the value at MOD out.
I'll check the manual and settings again, maybe there is something i had missed.

Edit: Ok i saw the manual and it says:
You can pre-listen a note by using the OK button. (Works also in combination with SHIFT)It is also possible to prelisten your sequence by holding the OK button and scrolling up/down. If a note value is filled in on the same step in the MOD column, then this note will be updated as well. (Allows ‘duo-phonic’ pre-listen)

It allows me to pre-listen when the mod out set to note value but not when its set to arbitrary voltage (like 800 for ex). This allows a workaround, but i would prefer if it updates mod out regardless of the value type selected.
(06-01-2019, 10:57 AM)swashplate Wrote: Ah, sorry. You are right about the trigger.
But i couldn find any settings about the mod out.

At the release notes its indicated as:
- fixed the problem that when a whole sequencer row was 'triggered' (with shift) while playing that the sample tracks did not 'trigger' as well

But it does not seem to change the value at MOD out.
I'll check the manual and settings again, maybe there is something i had missed.

They are no settings. It's just the rule in it. If a note is filled in the MOD column (note, not value) then you can trigger by OK which changed also the MOD value.
The fix in the release notes is not related to it, that was about the row in the sequencer screen...but using 'triggered' is probably somehow confusing as it doesn't have anything to do with the trigger signals Smile
I meant the pattern screen to avoid further possible confusion.
But yeah if it has to change output voltage at MOD out even when it set as arbitrary voltage then there may be a bug.
If its a design choice then its ok too i'll just use note values for modulating stuff.
It was a desgnchoice indeed. But i don‘t know which one to be honest. I specifically check for it being a note. Maybe because i had the duophonic note idea in mind.
I guess it also make sense for voltages?
+ 1 for this enhancement - I'm using a mod output to select samples on the Disting so previewing them would be really useful.
Another + 1 please make it happen  Angel
But does using the note not work good enough? I would even think it is the best solution as the note-voltages got a defined space between notes.
(06-04-2019, 01:20 PM)XORadmin Wrote: But does using the note not work good enough? I would even think it is the best solution as the note-voltages got a defined space between notes.

It's very nice to have for notes for sure, but I think the MOD out is often used to control other parameters too.