Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"sample too long"...but also load sampleblock freezes
Good evening!

2 issues

For sure a never ending question, already asked here but...

1°) i exported a bunch of samples in .RAW, 8 bits, unsigned,  all between 4ko and 100ko, all less than 4sec...
and still some of them are "too long"
changed the original sd card to an other one...
firmware 1.19

2°) trying to figure out the sampleblocks thing and when i try to load sth it just freezes (see picture)  and i have to reboot the module...

any idea?

bests

(06-04-2019, 08:05 PM)wirlebenmarlene Wrote: Good evening!

2 issues

For sure a never ending question, already asked here but...

1°) i exported a bunch of samples in .RAW, 8 bits, unsigned,  all between 4ko and 100ko, all less than 4sec...
and still some of them are "too long"
changed the original sd card to an other one...
firmware 1.19

2°) trying to figure out the sampleblocks thing and when i try to load sth it just freezes (see picture)  and i have to reboot the module...

any idea?

bests

You got 4 seconds in general. Not completely. So they all add until the sampletime is either full or a grade of fragmentation is reached.

Which brings us to the 2nd part. Because of the short sample time, fragmentation can bring your project in trouble. I guess you saved a sampleblock while the memory was already corrupted and so bad data have been saved.

You can attach the sampleblock file here and i can check out whats wrong. But if it's not a too important sampleblock, then i suggest not to do it.

Basic rule: Try not to use and replace too many big samples .
PLEASE use the search function if something have been asked or discussed before.
Every (unnessesary) forum support means less time to develop! But of course, i am here to help!  Smile
i tried with a sampleblock of 4 small samples and that's the same..
in the sd card i loaded 136 samples for a total of 5,9mo is it too much?

i attached the sampleblock in case it helps...

thank you very much for your help!

Attached Files
.zip   sampleblock001.SMP.zip (Size: 72,12 KB / Downloads: 1)
(06-04-2019, 11:48 PM)wirlebenmarlene Wrote: i tried with a sampleblock of 4 small samples and that's the same..
in the sd card i loaded 136 samples for a total of 5,9mo is it too much?

i attached the sampleblock in case it helps...

thank you very much for your help!

Did you try again just making a new block with the 4 samples?
Just to ask, because checking it out and fixing it takes some time and i rather will do it only if it was an important project (and then i will for sure try to recover it with highest priorities).
It's not like that i find out any bug here then. Everything that happens is known already and by design because of too less memory. The only other option to handle it would be to half the sample memory, stop sequencing and do a lot of housekeeping everytime a sample is loaded. And i try to avoid that....
PLEASE use the search function if something have been asked or discussed before.
Every (unnessesary) forum support means less time to develop! But of course, i am here to help!  Smile
Hi again!

so i erased some samples on the sd card, i only have 80 samples now, but they're all very small, in raw, less than 100k...since then i don't have messages saying i laded too long samples...progress...

but i tried again to do new sample blocks with like 4 random samples and that's the same...the step of saving a sampleblock seems fine but when i try to load it the nerdseq is freezed to the "load sampleblocks load sample" window and i have to reboot the module...
(07-02-2019, 08:35 AM)wirlebenmarlene Wrote: Hi again!

so i erased some samples on the sd card, i only have 80 samples now, but they're all very small, in raw, less than 100k...since then i don't have messages saying i laded too long samples...progress...

but i tried again to do new sample blocks with like 4 random samples and that's the same...the step of saving a sampleblock seems fine but when i try to load it the nerdseq is freezed to the "load sampleblocks load sample" window and i have to reboot the module...

Please add the project file where the samples are located, so i can reproduce making a sampleblock and loading it back.