Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pattern plays twice on starting a row
Hey Thomas,

I have midi setup on TRK 6  and when I use my "invented" row start command (Shift + 2 x Start) first pattern plays 2 times before starting next pattern.

If I start the TRK with "Start" or "Shift & Start" it plays 1 time and starts next pattern as expected.

I'm thinking.......this is not documented so is something I should probably avoid If I want to keep patterns in sync.

Anyways  thought this might be useful information.

cheers
b
This is expected. Startx2 queues a pattern to launch on the next checkpoint, so when you press start for the second time, you're queuing up the pattern to play again before it moves on to the next.

Quote:While playing, pressing start on another selected pattern will trigger the pattern to play after the last pattern of the same column finished it’s sequence. Pressing START 2 times, will trigger the next pattern faster, after an amount of steps, set up by the Project setting ‘Live Quantize’, derived from the main 64 step clock. You can see the next point of the starting point on the top and bottom Base Clock Indicator. 
(06-12-2019, 06:41 PM)skybox Wrote: This is expected. Startx2 queues a pattern to launch on the next checkpoint, so when you press start for the second time, you're queuing up the pattern to play again before it moves on to the next.

Quote:While playing, pressing start on another selected pattern will trigger the pattern to play after the last pattern of the same column finished it’s sequence. Pressing START 2 times, will trigger the next pattern faster, after an amount of steps, set up by the Project setting ‘Live Quantize’, derived from the main 64 step clock. You can see the next point of the starting point on the top and bottom Base Clock Indicator. 

Yep I'm talking about starting from the stop position and not expecting all the tracks playing the first pattern twice regardless of how many steps in each pattern and quantised steps.

At least I know must stop the nervous stabbing at the Start button when starting a project.

all good
b