Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Pattern Color depending of pattern nr.
It be great that if I assign a color to a pattern it remains every time i put that pattern on the grid.
Is that possible in the future?
Agree!
I don't really see the advantage of that. Then you can colour 15 different patterns without repetitions. I think to make some smart blocks make much more sense because then you can group parts that belong together. It is technically that the colors belong to the grid and not to the patterns.
Still, you can color them manually which can be done very quickly.

Else, let me know the importance of it, maybe i don't know the usage for it.
In my workflow makes more sense to tie a color to a pattern instead of a grid position.
I dont use more than 10 patterns per song average but and id like to color some specific ones to make them more noticeable, e.g, a drum pattern that has no kick or a drum pattern that has an aggressive fill. Anytime i place them in the song i know there will be some "out-of-the-ordinary" thing going on.
Anyways is not a big deal.
Thanks,

Martin
I feel exactly the same as Martin. I would like to be able to colour the patterns, to indicate to myself that they are empty or special. Now, I colour the sequencer grid, but if I move something, my colour coding becomes off.
I’m with Acheface.
(07-01-2019, 05:27 PM)Acheface Wrote: I feel exactly the same as Martin. I would like to be able to colour the patterns, to indicate to myself that they are empty or special. Now, I colour the sequencer grid, but if I move something, my colour coding becomes off.

If you are really moving and not only copy then the colour code moves as well.  (SHIFT+DOWN+COPY)
Same if you delete+move then the colour code moves up. (SHIFT+UP+DELETE)

I am not planning to add colour per pattern. One can always colour every pattern as they want to, with either marked colouring or single colouring. It took me like 5 minutes to colour a full 45 minute live set as i wanted, containing like 100 patterns.
In the end the grid colouring makes more sense than pattern colouring, explanations in the earlier posts. If a special pattern needs special colouring then it is already simply possible.
(07-01-2019, 06:19 PM)XORadmin Wrote:
(07-01-2019, 05:27 PM)Acheface Wrote: I feel exactly the same as Martin. I would like to be able to colour the patterns, to indicate to myself that they are empty or special. Now, I colour the sequencer grid, but if I move something, my colour coding becomes off.

If you are really moving and not only copy then the colour code moves as well.  (SHIFT+DOWN+COPY)

I am not planning to add colour per pattern. One can always colour every pattern as they want to, with either marked colouring or single colouring. It took me like 5 minutes to colour a full 45 minute live set as i wanted, containing like 100 patterns.
In the end the grid colouring makes more sense than pattern colouring, explanations in the earlier posts. If a special pattern needs special colouring then it is already simply possible.

Is it possible to copy patterns from one song to another (to make a one big live set "song" from different songs)?
(07-01-2019, 08:12 PM)ural Wrote:

Is it possible to copy patterns from one song to another (to make a one big live set "song" from different songs)?

Not currently. The merge function is coming for that. But thats another topic Smile
(07-01-2019, 08:15 PM)XORadmin Wrote:
(07-01-2019, 08:12 PM)ural Wrote:

Not currently. The merge function is coming for that. But thats another topic Smile
Good! For my point of view it could be a simple function to mark and copy patterns from one song and then simply past those into new "big" song. Of course, there will be a mess from fact that initially pattern "names" (00, 01, 02...) will be the same from different songs...