Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Respond to program change
It would be nice if Nerdseq would handle incoming program changes.

What I mean is that program change 32 f.ex, would immediately (or after current pattern ends) start track playing at row 32.
Combined with bank change all sequencer rows could be handled.

If there is independent input midi channels for each track and and additionally one global input midi channel for all tracks, that would also handle starting individual track playing at position xx and all tracks starting to play at position xx depending on what midi channel program change was received.

That would be nice to have feature that would enable syncing two nerdseq's or sync nerdseq to other sequencers: cirklon/elektron gear/daw etc..

Additionally, instead of program change messages, first 127 rows could be also handled by incoming midi notes... that means that it could be possible to start different parts of song just by playing normal midi keyboard.
I think program changes would be too limited (same as notes), as you can only start full rows then. And what about stop or jump for individual tracks etc...

What i had in mind and busy with right now is using Midi CC messages for it. So you have a pair of CC for each track (a pair to get 0..127 and 128..254) and with it you can select a row. That then to start, stop and jump every spot via Midi. And another pair to start a full row.

It might not be in the coming release candidate as i won't have the time to fully implement it before my vacation. But i definitely plan this for the release then.
(07-20-2019, 10:12 AM)XORadmin Wrote: I think program changes would be too limited (same as notes), as you can only start full rows then. And what about stop or jump for individual tracks etc...

What i had in mind and busy with right now is using Midi CC messages for it. So you have a pair of CC for each track (a pair to get 0..127 and 128..254) and with it you can select a row. That then to start, stop and jump every spot via Midi. And another pair to start a full row.

It might not be in the coming release candidate as i won't have the time to fully implement it before my vacation. But i definitely plan this for the release then.

Well what I meant by different midi channels was like:

Receive program change 12 on midi channel 1 : track 1 starts playing at row 12. All other tracks not affected.
Receive program change 8 on midi channel 2 : track 2 starts playing at row 8. All other tracks not affected.
Receive program change 9 on user configured "global" midi channel, fex. 16 : all tracks starts playing at row 9.
etc..
Pretty much same thing as cc's actually, but you only use midi channel to identify different tracks.
But really excellent if that kind of functionality is coming Smile
The midi channels are not fixed to the tracks anymore in the next version but flexible to assign. You don’t need multiple midi channels then anymore to manipulate or play on different tracks.