Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Solo/mute outputs in more trigger tracks
It would be great to be able to solo/mute each individual trigger channel when using a more triggers expander track. Possible?
(08-29-2019, 10:31 AM)Hotscience Wrote: It would be great to be able to solo/mute each individual trigger channel when using a more triggers expander track. Possible?

https://xor-electronics.com/forum/showth...te#pid2544
(09-02-2019, 08:07 AM)XORadmin Wrote:
(08-29-2019, 10:31 AM)Hotscience Wrote: It would be great to be able to solo/mute each individual trigger channel when using a more triggers expander track. Possible?

https://xor-electronics.com/forum/showth...te#pid2544

understood, thanks!
If you have a good solution, let me know. It is of course possible to make.
I will make it able to mute / solo the 8 triggers with the launchpad, but for the on screen i think it needs a good solution.
I would love the ability to mute / unmute as well, but the keyboard combinations are becoming pretty overloaded.

Looking at the NerdSeq, maybe one way to do it would be to have each of the six "combination keys" (mark/sequencer, copy/pattern, delete/patch, etc.) represent each of the six channels. Then a key combination together with each "combination key" would mute / unmute the corresponding channel. Perhaps shift + up and shift + down could work, so there would be these combinations:  

"shift + up + mark/sequencer" unmute channel 1.
"shift + down + mark/sequencer" mute channel 1.

"shift + up + copy/pattern" unmute channel 2.
"shift + down + copy/pattern" mute channel 2.

etc.
(09-04-2019, 03:18 PM)mosorensen Wrote: I would love the ability to mute / unmute as well, but the keyboard combinations are becoming pretty overloaded.

Looking at the NerdSeq, maybe one way to do it would be to have each of the six "combination keys" (mark/sequencer, copy/pattern, delete/patch, etc.) represent each of the six channels. Then a key combination together with each "combination key" would mute / unmute the corresponding channel. Perhaps shift + up and shift + down could work, so there would be these combinations:  

"shift + up + mark/sequencer" unmute channel 1.
"shift + down + mark/sequencer" mute channel 1.

"shift + up + copy/pattern" unmute channel 2.
"shift + down + copy/pattern" mute channel 2.

etc.

Hmm..that would be a possibility. But it would only cover 6 trigger outputs and it adds another weird Key combination.
What does the rest of the crowd think about that?
Just to bump this thread, as I would really love this. How about some key combination (pick your favorite, I would say shift+up/down, but it is not critical) along with the six "combination keys" from above, and let each of them mute/unmute a pair of triggers (e.g., 1+9, 2+10, 3+11, etc.)? That would get us to twelve mutable triggers.
(09-18-2019, 08:47 PM)mosorensen Wrote: Just to bump this thread, as I would really love this. How about some key combination (pick your favorite, I would say shift+up/down, but it is not critical) along with the six "combination keys" from above, and let each of them mute/unmute a pair of triggers (e.g., 1+9, 2+10, 3+11, etc.)? That would get us to twelve mutable triggers.

SHIFT+UP/DOWN and DELETE is already not usable anymore. It would make it 5/10 only then and it stays weird.

What about the same shortcuts as for regular mute/solo but then if in the pattern screen on the triggers the ability to mute/solo the ones from the cursor?
That works too. Muting/unmuting with the cursor would be a good solution too.

It might be useful to allow two different kinds of mute/unmute. One that works immediately, and one that kicks in at the start of the next pattern (I believe the current mute/unmute allows that too).

An entirely different solution would be to update the expander with hardware buttons for muting/unmuting.
(09-19-2019, 08:50 AM)mosorensen Wrote: That works too. Muting/unmuting with the cursor would be a good solution too.

It might be useful to allow two different kinds of mute/unmute. One that works immediately, and one that kicks in at the start of the next pattern (I believe the current mute/unmute allows that too).

An entirely different solution would be to update the expander with hardware buttons for muting/unmuting.

The mute/unmute/solo kicks in directly and no 'at the end of the pattern', i also don't plan something like this as it would involve again another weird button combination.

Expander with mute buttons...why don't you just get a cheap mute module instead? Some people just use it like this.
Or else, what will be there is that you can mute/solo 8 triggers with the launchpad easily just like you can do now with the launchpad for the regular 8 tracks.