Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Midi Merge question
Has anyone tried using midi merge with the Nerdseq mid expander?  I just want to know if Midi Merge works with the Nerdseq or even if this is a bad idea.

Cheers
b
(08-30-2019, 03:44 PM)Barney Rubble Wrote: Has anyone tried using midi merge with the Nerdseq mid expander?  I just want to know if Midi Merge works with the Nerdseq or even if this is a bad idea.

Cheers
b

What do you mean exactly with 'Midi-Merge'?
Like getting different sources into the nerdseq and the nerdseq passes through and adds it's own sequencing?
Yes Midi Merge in theory would allow me to connect multiple midi sources to Nerdseq midi expander.  I would like to add a Keyboard controller in the below setup and the only way I can see this working is with a midi merge device. So before I splash the cash was wondering if others had any practical experience of midi merge.

I have connected:
Launchpad out Ch 2 to Nerdseq midi expander In  
Nerdseq Midi Out to Roland Synth In - Roland Synth midi Thru port to Launchpad Midi In

With this configuration Nerdseq can play midi track on Ch 1 to Roland synth and support Launchpad controller.

Quote and link from Kenton Electronics
MIDI Merge boxes combine the data from a number of MIDI sources into a single output.

Midi Merge 4
So i don't know why it shouldn't work. Just keep in mind that you don't have multiple clock sources and that the merging is good. Also more data traffic need to be considered.