Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Maximize Polyphony
I've been looking at the Demon Core Osc modular and the only thing thats holding me back is being unsure how to maximize the polyphony use on it (max 16 voices).  Is it possible to use multiple 4 midi tracks on Nerdseq to stack voices so I could get 8/12/etc? Are there any plans to be able to select polyphony amount in the future?
Probably future CV-expander.?
Is it this one you are talking about?

https://www.modulargrid.net/e/supercriti...oscillator

If yes, then you dont need polyphony on sequencer side, polyphony is handled by osc module.
You can see there s only one V/Oct input.
You may want to modulate spread, in that case just use mod out on nerdseq.

Edit: Ok i didnt see the part about expander

-The Demon Core Expander module introduces polyphonic control of the DCO. The stacks can be divided between up to 16 polyphonic voices via MIDI or four 1V/oct inputs with attenuator.-
Yup, would definitely use this with MIDI expander for Demon Core!
Yes, the coming CV16 expander or just through Midi and i think you are all set up!
I feel dumb for asking, but how could the CV16 expander help? Unfortunately it does not have 16 v/oct in, but the expander has the option to accept midi. So I can use multple tracks for midi to get 16 notes? Or is it/will it be possible to add more polyphony to one track to save tracks for other modules?
(09-16-2019, 05:05 PM)skybox Wrote: I feel dumb for asking, but how could the CV16 expander help? Unfortunately it does not have 16 v/oct in, but the expander has the option to accept midi.  So I can use multple tracks for midi to get 16 notes? Or is it/will it be possible to add more polyphony to one track to save tracks for other modules?

I don't know if the DCO can play 16 independent notes at all, not even sure about if it would be possible with midi.
I think with the expander you can address 4 different notes (which doesn't lose 4 tracks from the sequencer with the CV16 then) and these can be kind of filled with the other oscillators to get more interresting sounds. I would name it 4 voice polyphonic then but the sounds are generated with up to 16 oscillators. But i don't know exactly.
Interesting! Still worth considering then. I appreciate the help.