Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Modular Drum Mode
It would be nice if there were a mode specifically for sequencing drums.

A common way to arrive at a drum kit in modular is not to use simple drum modules per se but reserve a few tracks for drums and use CV modulations to have "virtual" voices.
At a basic level you'd have open/closed hihats from the same voice but it's common to go further.
A kick drum sound can be made into a snare drum by adding waveshaping/ring modulation changing the env amount or changing the waveform.
Various klicks,pops, claps can also come from the same voice.

Sequencing this using regular modular tracks is possible but it could be more convenient.
I propose to add a way to define certain drum sounds in the project settings by their modulation amounts and trigger settings.
This could be either all the information that is input into one step of a pattern (like Note/CV1, Modulation, Trigger, Effect) or even span across multiple Outputs. 
These predefined settings could then be named with symbols like BDN (bassdrum), SDN (snaredrum), OHH (open hihat), CHH (closed hihat), etc...
In the pattern editor the symbols can then appear as an option in the note track if they are defined.

It also might be possible to adapt the trigger sequencing screen for that purpose, just instead of triggers the columns correspond to the drum instruments defined in the project.
Thats already included and is called Patch :-) Maybe not with the name per patch, but exactly this function to make presets.
Ah, thanks.
Right so I would have to remember the number which corresponds to the patch?
In that case is adding a name per patch in the cards?

But I definitely have to rtfm before I post any more questions Smile
(09-16-2019, 01:08 PM)fingerfarbensound Wrote: Ah, thanks.
Right so I would have to remember the number which corresponds to the patch?
In that case is adding a name per patch in the cards?

But I definitely have to rtfm before I post any more questions Smile

I will check this. I think i can definitely do at least a 4 character name at some point.