Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Constraining the Range of Nerd menu Random Values
I really like the Nerd menu Random Values, but it would be much more useful if they could be limited in range. In addition to the present choice which spans 8+ octaves, maybe you could add a couple more simple choices; e.g. 2 octaves, 3 octaves, and maybe 4 octaves.

It wouldn't have to be very specific or complex, like specifying a range of note X to note Y or anything, which would present UI challenges. Just add a couple of mid-range choices, Randomize C2-C4, Randomize C2-C5, and/or Randomize C2-C6. The other choices that are already there, like Transpose Notes +-1 and Transpose Notes +-12 can then be used for additional tweaks if necessary.

Does this sound like it would be easy to do?
yeah this has been requested already
https://xor-electronics.com/forum/showth...hp?tid=422
Yep, also discussed mutliple times. There will be a advanced randomisation setup and thats the reason it takes somehow longer. I don't think it makes sense to only add this one random possibility, but a advanced pack of random functions (random screen) which can add randomisation on and offline including scaling, limiting etc..
Thanks for the reply Thomas; I really look forward to seeing what you come up with. I'm sure it will be great!