Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PROGRAM CHANGE
Hello,

I've been playing around with program changes to control RYTM mk2 , it works but sometimes sounds from previouse patern sort of hang on to the next one... Sorry not sure how to describe it better as its odd.

If there is a solution to that then great but what I thought could work for me too is to write a pattern with program change on Machine drum and send it over midi to NERDSEQ so that pattern change on one device would folow to another but it doesn't do anything.

my main subjective is to set figure out a set up where I change pattern on one device and all other devices / sequencers follow, doesn't matter which is a master... Any ideas welcome. Thank you please!

How program changes affect Nerdseq anyway, would it go from row 00 to 127 on sequencer page ?

Cheers!
(09-25-2019, 11:53 AM)HeadTwang Wrote: Hello,

I've been playing around with program changes to control RYTM mk2 , it works but sometimes sounds from previouse patern sort of hang on to the next one... Sorry not sure how to describe it better as its odd.

If there is a solution to that then great but what I thought could work for me too is to write a pattern with program change on Machine drum and send it over midi to NERDSEQ so that pattern change on one device would folow to another but it doesn't do anything.

my main subjective is to set figure out a set up where I change pattern on one device and all other devices / sequencers follow, doesn't matter which is a master... Any ideas welcome. Thank you please!

How program changes affect Nerdseq anyway, would it go from row 00 to 127 on sequencer page ?

Cheers!

Which version are you using?

As for Program Change input, it will only be routed to the midi channel of the track, if the track is being set to midi, or change sample if it routed to track 7 r 8.

Program change can't be used to change patterns. That also wouldn't make sense, as it doesn't contain enough information to select the exact sequencer position. Other Midi commands will come in the place for that. But it will never be 1:1 to any other devices as all of them use for sure different midi commands to change patterns/tracks or however the pattern/song structure is.