Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Launchpad > sample track triggers not working?
Can I just check please... for modular tracks you can edit the triggers directly with the launchpad, but this doesn't work with sample tracks.
Presumably this isn't supported yet rather than a bug with my launchpad?

Also, in Brandon Logic's video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLoKOoYwuRM he is using note input on the launchpad. Was that using a different version of the firmware than the current version with launchpad integration? In your release notes you don't mention note input so I expect this feature is not in this build, but again double-checking to make sure my launchpad doesn't have a fault or needs a firmware update itself.

Thanks.
(11-06-2019, 10:36 AM)ianski Wrote: Can I just check please... for modular tracks you can edit the triggers directly with the launchpad, but this doesn't work with sample tracks.

Also, in Brandon Logic's video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLoKOoYwuRM he is using note input on the launchpad. Was that using a different version of the firmware than the current version with launchpad integration? In your release notes you don't mention note input so I expect this feature is not in this build, but again double-checking to make sure my launchpad doesn't have a fault or needs a firmware update itself.

Thanks.

The sample tracks are not supported yet and also not in the first release which will be out very soon. ( Which sample to insert? Which pitch? which volume? etc....this needs more work to find a good solution)

As for note recording, Brandon used indeed an older firmware. But this doesn't have anything to do with it. What he did was setting the launchpad to note-out and midi channel 3 for example. He then recorded the notes he played from the launchpad into midi channel 3 which is routed to track 3 in the older version. Now you can freely route midi channels to tracks. However, this doesn't have anything to do with the Launchpad integration. Het just used the launchpad itself in 2 different modes. One so it can act as a launchpad and the other so it acts as a midi keyboard.

Small question which hopefully gets answered: Does the stop pattern function work with the Launchpad Pro?
PLEASE use the search function if something have been asked or discussed before.
Every (unnessesary) forum support means less time to develop! But of course, i am here to help!  Smile
Small question which hopefully gets answered: Does the stop pattern function work with the Launchpad Pro?

If you mean stop individual tracks then yes it does work with the LP Pro
(11-06-2019, 11:19 AM)Barney Rubble Wrote: Small question which hopefully gets answered: Does the stop pattern function work with the Launchpad Pro?

If you mean stop individual tracks then yes it does work with the LP Pro

Great thanks!
And stop the sequencer with LP SHIFT+STOP+any matrix button should stop the whole sequencer.

I ask, because i don't have the LP Pro, only the MK2 versions. But it should work in theory.
PLEASE use the search function if something have been asked or discussed before.
Every (unnessesary) forum support means less time to develop! But of course, i am here to help!  Smile
Yes Shift + Stop (F) does stop all tracks/Sequencer
(11-06-2019, 10:46 AM)XORadmin Wrote:
(11-06-2019, 10:36 AM)ianski Wrote: Can I just check please... for modular tracks you can edit the triggers directly with the launchpad, but this doesn't work with sample tracks.

Thanks.

The sample tracks are not supported yet and also not in the first release which will be out very soon. ( Which sample to insert? Which pitch? which volume? etc....this needs more work to find a good solution)

As for note recording, Brandon used indeed an older firmware. But this doesn't have anything to do with it. What he did was setting the launchpad to note-out and midi channel 3 for example. He then recorded the notes he played from the launchpad into midi channel 3 which is routed to track 3 in the older version. Now you can freely route midi channels to tracks. However, this doesn't have anything to do with the Launchpad integration. Het just used the launchpad itself in 2 different modes. One so it can act as a launchpad and the other so it acts as a midi keyboard.

I assumed the sample stuff wasn't included yet - no worries.

Oh that's interesting about the note input, I'll have to do some playing around with that then. I can't say for sure if I tried recording into track 1 (which is the channel I have the launchpad set to).

Thanks for the reply, have a good day.