Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
shift/rotate/warp blocks of notes or params
Hi

I've been thinking about that functionality:

a quick way to shift/rotate the whole sequence by 1 step at a time would be a great addition:

XOXOXXO -> OXOXOXX -> XOXOXOX -> XXOXOXO

Makes sense?

Even better would be able to mark just a part of the sequence and shift/rotate just that part:

XOXXOOXOO -> XXOXOOXOO

or shift/rotate the whole sequence up to the [BACK] mod

Can't imagine how cool would that be if we could do that by column too as well as the whole row

It's often that just small adjustments like that can bring lots of happy accidents.

Thanks for considering! Smile
no love?
This would be a workaround, but you can kinda already do this. In this thread, someone is making a very similar request: https://xor-electronics.com/forum/showth...99#pid2399
(12-21-2019, 11:30 AM)funqpatrol Wrote: no love?

This would be a really useful feature I hope it gets added. Preferably mark a selection and then shift to rotate it.
@xoradmin if the shift/up-down is already taken perhaps it's not taken in mark mode? That would make more sense actually to have that features in mark mode.
It would make more sense once the patternlength is introduced. Because if you would shift now (which is for sure a good idea and already implemented in the drummatrix with the trigger expander) then a possible break command would shift as well and destroys your fixed pattern length. So when patternlength is there then i will most probably also add that functionality.
PLEASE use the search function if something have been asked or discussed before.
Every (unnessesary) forum support means less time to develop! But of course, i am here to help!  Smile
If it was implemented via Mark you could choose what gets shifted (just gates, just notes, just modulation etc) which opens up creative possibilities.
(12-27-2019, 03:22 PM)DJ Tap Water Wrote: If it was implemented via Mark you could choose what gets shifted (just gates, just notes, just modulation etc)  which opens up creative possibilities.

For sure with Notes and triggers. But often it makes sense to shift also the FX columns with it and then it will get unwanted side effects.
PLEASE use the search function if something have been asked or discussed before.
Every (unnessesary) forum support means less time to develop! But of course, i am here to help!  Smile
(12-27-2019, 12:39 PM)XORadmin Wrote: So when patternlength is there then i will most probably also add that functionality.

Awesome! Smile when you say patternlength what feature are you refering to?
For now you decide with a BRK how many steps a pattern has. Soon you can just set up a pattern being 16 steps or 23 or whatever and all other steps will never be used, also not with random jumps etc..
Then it also makes more sense since brk will only be used rarely then