Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Midi -> possible hanging gates
(01-05-2020, 07:32 PM)XORadmin Wrote:
(01-05-2020, 04:31 AM)pmarchitect Wrote: Glad you found it. Really want to get everything in my workflow well oiled! Thanks

My workflow is probably pretty different to other people:

- Create patterns (beats and melodies) on Digitakt / Digitone
- Record some of the parts into Nerdseq that I want to replace sounds for in modular
- Use Digitakt / Digitone as keyboard / pad trigger for recording into Nerdseq
- Build more complex and evolving patterns in Nerdseq, add fx etc, sound design and fx in modular
- Use Nerdseq to pattern change Digitakt and Digitone for the sounds still coming from them whilst Nerdseq controls the modular sequences

And the final piece of the puzzle for the future:

- Nerdseq to control other hardware synths via midi. (If and when I get the appropriate expanders to have enough channels to do all that. We will see)!

Thanks

So actually i did some more tests and i can confirm that the Digitone produces hanging Midi notes which in fact means, sometimes note off is missing. (also with latest Digitone V1.21). I can reproduce that. Happens both with the NerdSEQ and a Midi sniffer (no NerdSEQ involved).
I assume it shouldn't affect the main use too much, i guess if it ever has been reported at all. (i will do so).

Quote:- Nerdseq to control other hardware synths via midi. (If and when I get the appropriate expanders to have enough channels to do all that. We will see)!

I am not sure, but polyphonic sequencing on multiple tracks is already possible of course. And you probably know that you don't get more tracks with the expanders?

Oh, I thought the 16cv would introduce 16 tracks! So if I have 16cv and 16trigger I can use those for modular which frees up all the 6 normal tracks to use for midi.

Will there be an update released so that when Nerdseq gate hangs it will stop once sequencer and clock stopped and then not continue hanging? I hope that makes sense. Thanks
The double stop works also again and stopping the sequencer stops notes anyway.

As for the extra tracks, they are no extra tracks when using the expanders. You can flexible assign the current track 1..6 to the expanders and enable expander specific functions. I decided to not add more tracks as they wouldn't fit on to the sequencer screen without scrolling. And i want to keep the whole overview in the sequencer screen.
PLEASE use the search function if something have been asked or discussed before.
Every (unnessesary) forum support means less time to develop! But of course, i am here to help!  Smile
So should I re-install Firmware V1.20? Is it updated in the Firmware V1.20 thread or do I need to wait? Sorry for all the questions.

Thanks
Oh no. It‘s not released yet. I can send you the version to check it out, but it is currently a bleeding edge with some new stuff.
The new stable version is scheduled for january.
PLEASE use the search function if something have been asked or discussed before.
Every (unnessesary) forum support means less time to develop! But of course, i am here to help!  Smile
(01-06-2020, 07:08 PM)XORadmin Wrote: Oh no. It‘s not released yet. I can send you the version to check it out, but it is currently a bleeding edge with some new stuff.
The new stable version is scheduled for january.

Yes please, if you can send me it that’d be great!
Can you send it?
(01-08-2020, 11:30 PM)pmarchitect Wrote: Can you send it?

Yep attached. Please be aware that this is like the 'in between' built version with open ends at some points. But it should be definitely fine to test the midi issue.
But be sure, that this is not even a release candidate, so savefiles might not be compatible with newer versions. It is still 100% compatible to V1.20 though, so if you keep a backup, all will be fine.

Attached Files
.hex   nerdseq.hex (Size: 2,94 MB / Downloads: 1)
(01-09-2020, 09:26 AM)XORadmin Wrote:
(01-08-2020, 11:30 PM)pmarchitect Wrote: Can you send it?

Yep attached. Please be aware that this is like the 'in between' built version with open ends at some points. But it should be definitely fine to test the midi issue.
But be sure, that this is not even a release candidate, so savefiles might not be compatible with newer versions. It is still 100% compatible to V1.20 though, so if you keep a backup, all will be fine.

Thanks. The midi seems fine now (gave it a quick test of about 15 mins).  Smile