Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
live input ideas
I was daydreaming about various sequencing mechanisms, and had an idea that might be worth considering:

Allowing live inputs to control probability percentage.

I was wondering about how to implement step skipping, and one option I though of was to dedicate one of the FX channels and have it use BRK to skip steps by jumping over to the following step. If a live input could control probability, I could set the fx probability for that fx channel to 64 to enable the skip and back to zero to disable it. This would allow me to control note skipping from elsewhere on my rack...
It would be useful for other stuff as well:
e.g. you could have a drum fill programmed in via FX, and have an external gate to turn that on via probability on that FX channel.
or alternative note sequence on a pattern via FX, and use probability to turn on/off the main note CV for that pattern to switch between the main melody and the alternative.

It would give us more options for playing and using the sequencer as a live improvisation tool.

Another thing that might be interesting would be to have a setting where live input gates could be used to mute and un-mute tracks (either toggle/latching with trigger, or mute/unmute with gate open/closed)... or solo/unsolo
First thing is already possible. Use a automator, choose CV 1..4 in a slot and use the probabilities you want as destination.
Now 0V should be like 0% probability and 10V should be like 100% probability.

As for the 2nd thing. You know that you only got 4 inputs. So only 4 tracks could be used for muting/unmuting.
There will be midi input which can do that soon and the launchpad integration can do this already now.
PLEASE use the search function if something have been asked or discussed before.
Every (unnessesary) forum support means less time to develop! But of course, i am here to help!  Smile
(01-05-2020, 08:37 PM)XORadmin Wrote: First thing is already possible. Use a automator, choose CV 1..4 in a slot and use the probabilities you want as destination.
Now 0V should be like 0% probability and 10V should be like 100% probability.
Ah thanks, I didn't make the connection to automators. That looks simple enough to set up.
Quote:As for the 2nd thing. You know that you only got 4 inputs. So only 4 tracks could be used for muting/unmuting.
There will be midi input which can do that soon and the launchpad integration can do this already now.
I have 4 inputs which would allow me to mute/unmute up to 4 tracks. But I have no Midi connection! (waiting for some possible future usb midi solution because my launchpad mini is USB only). I also like the modular aspect of plugging in a patch cable, and currently I have no way to convert CV/gate modular signals to MIDI (really can't justify the money or the rack space for that). It's not so important in the grand scheme of things Wink
The step skipping thing using automators works great thanks,