Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
recording cv (-5/+5v and 0-4.5v)
Hi

I'd like to record cv from other sequencers I have to Nerdseq.
I have Kilpatrick K4815 which spit out -5/+5v cv and Rene with 0-4.5v
Nerdseq's CV in accept 0-10v.
what would be the best practice and needed module to record those cv into Nerdseq?
it seems Nerdseq is not recording the right notes from those unmatched cv volts especially with K4815
I guess -5/+5v just need offset? and for 0-4.5v, i just use as it?..
You definitely need to add a offset if you use the killpatrick one.
As for the Rene, it can read the 0 - 4,5 Volt and should regulary record them. But it might be needed that you got to manually calibrate the inputs to match with the Rene.
PLEASE use the search function if something have been asked or discussed before.
Every (unnessesary) forum support means less time to develop! But of course, i am here to help!  Smile
(01-22-2020, 08:31 AM)XORadmin Wrote: You definitely need to add a offset if you use the killpatrick one.
As for the Rene, it can read the 0 - 4,5 Volt and should regulary record them. But it might be needed that you got to manually calibrate the inputs to match with the Rene.

so should I go through calibrating cv inputs of nerdseq described in page 55 on manual?
I have never calibrated any module in my experience so I'm a little worried.
since it's autocalibrate function, nothing would go wrong?
You got to calibrate the inputs. The autocalibration is for basic calibration. But the manual does also make use of the voltage drop of several modules and does a much better work with this.

And yes, page 55 it is. No multimeter needed just the knowledge of which note the rene produces and see if it fits to your expectation and if not change the input settings.
PLEASE use the search function if something have been asked or discussed before.
Every (unnessesary) forum support means less time to develop! But of course, i am here to help!  Smile