Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Inverse a track trigger
Hi!

Is it possible to invert a track trigger inside Nerdseq? I can choose in track setup Hz/V to run MS20, but this synth has inverse trigger input.
(01-22-2020, 04:22 PM)ural Wrote: Hi!

Is it possible to invert a track trigger inside Nerdseq? I can choose in track setup Hz/V to run MS20, but this synth has inverse trigger input.

Of course, I can use inverter module.
You can do inverted triggers with trigger values beginning with 0. It is in the manual. Search for 'trigger handling'

You might need to initially set your triggers high with the value FE when you start your patterns.
Does it work anyway like this? Most gate inputs of Hz/Volt have also not only the gate inversion but also totally different bipolar voltages.
PLEASE use the search function if something have been asked or discussed before.
Every (unnessesary) forum support means less time to develop! But of course, i am here to help!  Smile
(01-26-2020, 12:39 PM)ural Wrote:

(01-28-2020, 09:45 AM)Marizu Wrote: You can do inverted triggers with trigger values beginning with 0. It is in the manual. Search for 'trigger handling'

You might need to initially set your triggers high with the value FE when you start your patterns.
Thank you - I will try this.

(01-28-2020, 05:08 PM)XORadmin Wrote: Does it work anyway like this? Most gate inputs of Hz/Volt have also not only the gate inversion but also totally different bipolar voltages.

I'm using also one hardware sequencer. It has 3 different settings for gate outputs - normal, inverse and S-triger. "Inverse" works well with MS20. Perhaps it isn't very difficult to implement also in Nerdseq.
(01-28-2020, 09:59 PM)ural Wrote:

(01-28-2020, 09:45 AM)Marizu Wrote: You can do inverted triggers with trigger values beginning with 0. It is in the manual. Search for 'trigger handling'

(01-28-2020, 05:08 PM)XORadmin Wrote: Does it work anyway like this? Most gate inputs of Hz/Volt have also not only the gate inversion but also totally different bipolar voltages.

I'm using also one hardware sequencer. It has 3 different settings for gate outputs - normal, inverse and S-triger. "Inverse" works well with MS20. Perhaps it isn't very difficult to implement also in Nerdseq.

Did you try testing using elf made inversed triggers/gates already? Does it work?
I never tested Hz/Volt except for measuring it.
PLEASE use the search function if something have been asked or discussed before.
Every (unnessesary) forum support means less time to develop! But of course, i am here to help!  Smile
(01-28-2020, 09:59 PM)ural Wrote: I'm using also one hardware sequencer. It has 3 different settings for gate outputs - normal, inverse and S-triger. "Inverse" works well with MS20. Perhaps it isn't very difficult to implement also in Nerdseq.

From what I've read, the MS-20 uses S-Trig. And, apparently, you can make a cable that has a fairly simple circuit to change a V-Trig into an S-Trig.

https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=52711

And, there's a good video describing it (also has the circuit in it).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDGDXcpQNyk

And, another post (in French) specifically for this MS-20:

http://infinitesimal.eu/synth/article35/...20-trigger
(01-29-2020, 12:05 AM)the_cody Wrote:
(01-28-2020, 09:59 PM)ural Wrote: I'm using also one hardware sequencer. It has 3 different settings for gate outputs - normal, inverse and S-triger. "Inverse" works well with MS20. Perhaps it isn't very difficult to implement also in Nerdseq.

From what I've read, the MS-20 uses S-Trig. And, apparently, you can make a cable that has a fairly simple circuit to change a V-Trig into an S-Trig.

https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=52711

And, there's a good video describing it (also has the circuit in it).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDGDXcpQNyk

And, another post (in French) specifically for this MS-20:

http://infinitesimal.eu/synth/article35/...20-trigger

thanks for suggestion - I'll will check those videos. But MS20 uses "Inverse trigger" no way with "S-trigger" at least speaking Cirklon's language.
Still...test it, i would be interested if it works at all.
(01-28-2020, 10:43 PM)XORadmin Wrote:
(01-28-2020, 09:59 PM)ural Wrote:

Did you try testing using elf made inversed triggers/gates already? Does it work?
I never tested Hz/Volt except for measuring it.

it looks like i should solder some trigger converter by myself