Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NerdSeq Portable
https://xor-electronics.com/nerdseq-portable/

I'm mid flight after my tour and having a panic attack over this.

... firestarter, please let me know if you need a beta tester Smile Smile Smile Smile
I wanted a portable NerdSEQ so much that last year, I made my own. Having NerdSEQ out the main rack has been amazing when programming the breaks for hours on end. This connects to a bigger case using 90cm cables. 

[Image: Whats-App-Image-2020-03-17-at-07-28-15.jpg]
Seriously, Thomas? How on earth do you manage to do all of this?

What are the dimensions of the Nerdseq Portable?

@T3_One, that's not a bad solution. I'm going to have to re-arrange into a 'control' case and auxillary cases at some point. Have you looked into cabling solutions like Rack Plumber HD, that allow you to link 19 channels between two cases using a single HDMI lead?
Hmmm, i dont know. I like the idea but the looks... its not even close to how the eurorack nerdseq looks, those round buttons instead of square. The only simularity is the software UI. Thomas I hope its not an april fools thingie because the idea is great!
The hardware buttons are set out the same as the module but there look to be additional buttons and encoders for speedy data entry.
Yes, the button choice is because these are smaller which allows a smaller formfactor and they have backlight
PLEASE use the search function if something have been asked or discussed before.
Every (unnessesary) forum support means less time to develop! But of course, i am here to help!  Smile
r a d

– 16 Bit Stereo Sample support. 150 sec sample memory
– Sample recording
– Integrated Sound synthesizer

hell yeah! i've wanted a device like this for a while now. do you have any idea on battery life? and approx how big is it? looks about the size of an OG game boy
Around 1 cm higher and 1 cm less on the sides than the NerdSEQ (portrait).
PLEASE use the search function if something have been asked or discussed before.
Every (unnessesary) forum support means less time to develop! But of course, i am here to help!  Smile
(03-19-2020, 03:43 PM)Retape Wrote: and approx how big is it? looks about the size of an OG game boy

Since both NerdSeqs have 3.5" screens, I just scaled the Eurorack one to match the Portable one. Not the best, but should give an idea of size.

And, given Eurorack is 128.5mm tall and the DMG is 148mm, I just scaled the Gameboy to the same height and then zoomed to 1.15x size. Again, not perfect, but gives a pretty good idea on size.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I'm so so excited. I'm so curious about the integrated synth stuff. Any details you are willing/able to share? In my mind, I am imagine something like LSDJ's wav channel but more robust. Really curious how envelopes will work with the current UI of NerdSeq!