Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alternate row change behaviour?
Hi,

Wondering if it's possible if you could make an alternate row behaviour where when pressed the whole row will start at the next quantise point regardless of each patterns repeat/loop settings? So it would start each pattern on the row all at the same time?

If I have patterns which finish at different points, eg. 16 lines for some, 32 lines for others, then when I click to start a new row some of the previous patterns in a different island don't change immediately.

Thanks Smile
It is of course not possible to say which is the leading one.
But you can already use the Resync all tracks function and they will all resync and start together at the zero cross of the master clock.
PLEASE use the search function if something have been asked or discussed before.
Every (unnessesary) forum support means less time to develop! But of course, i am here to help!  Smile
can I use resync at the beginning of a pattern in a new row? pretty sure I tried this and it only works on the second time around for that row.

If not, then it needs to be put at the end of the preceding pattern, and when jamming sections live I don't always know where this will be... thats why I asked if there could be an alternate behaviour to force all patterns to start from scratch on a row change.

Cheers Smile
It resyncs with a zero iteration. Doesn’t matter on which row you set/do it.

On the other way, to which row should it syncronized then? They are up to 10 rows playing...
PLEASE use the search function if something have been asked or discussed before.
Every (unnessesary) forum support means less time to develop! But of course, i am here to help!  Smile
Can’t selecting a new row in a new island just trigger all patterns on that row to start immediately from the beginning?
(05-13-2020, 08:36 PM)theotteryears Wrote: Can’t selecting a new row in a new island just trigger all patterns on that row to start immediately from the beginning?

Not hijacking thread but I would like some solution like this  -  perhaps a global choice to interrupt all and start island/row together as one.
(05-13-2020, 08:36 PM)theotteryears Wrote: Can’t selecting a new row in a new island just trigger all patterns on that row to start immediately from the beginning?

And what if you don't want that, but jump to the next island without resyncing? I think the current solution of syncing is just fine. Maybe add the quantized point to the whole row. (SHIFT+START twice)
I understand what you want, but i think it needs more ideas of how to implement it the best. First i don't want this to be the main behaviour. 2nd, one must be the leading track, and it must be selected correctly, doesn't matter if it's timing is odd or not. 4th: The mainclock must be manipulated as well, which could mean that all connected followers to the clock would not match the mainclock and could run out, depending of the main track clock of course. (which is not a wanted situation in many times)

It is not so easy to find a good way for it...and then there is not even a good way to select these...no weird shortcuts wanted!
If you have a good idea while keeping the current behaviour mainly, let me know.