Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Expander control in Midi
I have midi controlled synths going into my rig to be modulated by external effects and in order to trigger expander envelopes it would require me to use a channel that I currently do not have availability for.  Would it be possible that when the expander is connected/detected that we could control them in the FX column? A case use would be to use the envelopes with MIDI on the same track.
I explained on multiple places why that is not possible. It mostly have the issue that the Fax columns don’t have enough information to do that. There is only the command with a 16 bit value and if you have like as command: manipulate expander and then you got to set which expander, which output of the expander and the value. That all doesn’t fit in 16 bits. And then think also about the type of expander with all the features. It just can’t be done as you request. Sorry Undecided
PLEASE use the search function if something have been asked or discussed before.
Every (unnessesary) forum support means less time to develop! But of course, i am here to help!  Smile
I see. This makes sense, thanks for explaining it again for me. I will work out an alternative solution. Thanks!