Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Note volume with step sequencer
Is there a way to change the volume or velocity for each note individually in a step track?
Hello and wecome.

I‘m sorry, I don‘t really get your question.
What kind of track (step track?) are you talking about? Midi, Modular or Sample?

Cheers!
PLEASE use the search function if something have been asked or discussed before.
Every (unnessesary) forum support means less time to develop! But of course, i am here to help!  Smile
(06-17-2020, 05:19 AM)XORadmin Wrote: Hello and wecome.

I‘m sorry, I don‘t really get your question.
What kind of track (step track?) are you talking about? Midi, Modular or Sample?

Cheers!

Hi, thanks for replying so quickly.

Yes, I was meaning the step track modular. I was wondering if it's possible to make some notes louder, some softer. Seems like it's available for the midi track, but I didn't see a way to do it with the step track.
MIDI has standardised parameters, velocity is one of them

Modular doesn't really have any standardised parameters, you can use available voltages for whatever you like.

In your case, if you are using an envelope generator that has a LEVEL input, you could plug the MOD output on the Nerdseq's track to that input and write values into the MOD lane of the pattern.

Otherwise you could put an envelope through a VCA, and go from the MOD output to that VCA channel to adjust the level of the envelope
(06-17-2020, 06:29 AM)depaffect Wrote: MIDI has standardised parameters, velocity is one of them

Modular doesn't really have any standardised parameters, you can use available voltages for whatever you like.

In your case, if you are using an envelope generator that has a LEVEL input, you could plug the MOD output on the Nerdseq's track to that input and write values into the MOD lane of the pattern.

Otherwise you could put an envelope through a VCA, and go from the MOD output to that VCA channel to adjust the level of the envelope

I'm using Maths for the envelope going to the Intellijel Quad VCA. Is there a way to do it with that setup or do I need something else?
Hmmmmm yep try this :

Maths channel output -> Quad VCA "IN 1" (not the CV input!)

Patch Nerdseq MOD output into Quad VCA Channel 1 CV In

So this way we are adjusting the level of the Maths envelope with the Nerdseq's MOD lane

Then patch Quad VCA "OUT 1" into Quad CVA Channel 2 CV In

Then audio into Quad VCA IN 2
(06-17-2020, 08:25 AM)depaffect Wrote: Hmmmmm yep try this :

Maths channel output -> Quad VCA "IN 1" (not the CV input!)

Patch Nerdseq MOD output into Quad VCA Channel 1 CV In

So this way we are adjusting the level of the Maths envelope with the Nerdseq's MOD lane

Then patch Quad VCA "OUT 1" into Quad CVA Channel 2 CV In

Then audio into Quad VCA IN 2

Thanks! It sort of works. When I have the Maths rise or fall turned past twelve o'clock, I get a click or chirp when the notes are played. Is there a way to prevent the clicking?