Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
midi note record question
v1.21 

When I record midi to a midi track from my keyboard (or from a midi clip in ableton live, it seems to only record to midi note lanes 2-4 on track 1, any idea what I am doing wrong?

Cheers

Forget that, i rebooted it and it is behaving properly now.

Is it possible to set local off when recording on the nerdseq in midi, so it doesn't echo the midi input back out the output?
You can set up on how many lanes it is allowed to record. Maybe this setting was wrong.

It's not possible to turn it off actually (ha, normally people ask if it can be turned on Smile ), but you could set a Midi channel on that track which has no connected midi gear and record then. Set it back to the needed channel later on.
PLEASE use the search function if something have been asked or discussed before.
Every (unnessesary) forum support means less time to develop! But of course, i am here to help!  Smile
So you mean set it to record from midi channel 1 to a track set to midi channel 5. Then after recording set the track channel back to 1?

I think I found a way around my issue using different midi devices for midi in and midi out from the pc, arguably the fault is with the NI keyboard having no local off mode, when playing komplete instruments though.
Yes, that would be easy possible. There is the midi recording setup. And the setup for the track itself which is like the Midi-Out channel.
If you set that to any channel which doesn't have a synth connected it will just play into 'nothing'.
PLEASE use the search function if something have been asked or discussed before.
Every (unnessesary) forum support means less time to develop! But of course, i am here to help!  Smile