Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unexpected reset behavior
I use a Doepfer A-164-1 manual  gate to the reset input of the Nerdseq (and other sequencers on the same clock). It historically worked great. 

Now — not sure since when, I didn’t have the reset hooked up this summer since I had a smaller quarantine rig — hitting the reset causes the Nerdseq to stick on beat 1 of the pattern in a loop until I hit a hard stop.  I am guessing my that 1.20 was the last working firmware, ISTR upgrading to 1.21 over the summer. 

Might be me? I don’t know.
Hmm, i just tested V1.19, V1.20, V1.21 and 1.21A and they all have the same reset behaviour. It works well here as intended.
PLEASE use the search function if something have been asked or discussed before.
Every (unnessesary) forum support means less time to develop! But of course, i am here to help!  Smile
At some point, I had a similar issue with the reset input when I sent a gate, not a trigger, to reset NerdSeq. I expected the reset input to just register the rising edge of the gate signal, but instead NerdSeq remained stuck on the first beat as long as the reset input remained high.
It does only detect the rising edge, thats why i don't understand it. Still, can't reproduce it at all.
PLEASE use the search function if something have been asked or discussed before.
Every (unnessesary) forum support means less time to develop! But of course, i am here to help!  Smile
Ok, thanks for looking into it. For now I have taken the easy way out and changed to a trigger source for reset. If I can help debug I am happy to.

On a related note: I notice that the top pixel “progress bar” doesn’t behave quite as I would expect during a reset. If it is filling “red” from the left, when I hit reset it leaves the red pixels and starts from the left edge changing them to black. Once it reaches the point where I hit the reset, no pixels change until it reaches the very end of the measure and starts over.