Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is there a way to shift notes in a pattern forward or back?
Can notes in a pattern be shifted? Sometimes when working with a pattern I find suddenly where I thought the start should be would be better somewhere else, and would love for a simple way to shift all notes until the note I now want to be first is at the top of the pattern. I assumed that this is something possible but I'm not seeing it in the manual.
Try page 50 of the manual v 1-22
(10-29-2020, 04:59 PM)Barney Rubble Wrote: Try page 50 of the manual  v 1-22

Who, ok thats not exactly what I'm looking for, but close enough for now I guess - thanks!
SHIFT-UP-DELETE or SHIFT-DOWN-DELETE will shift notes up or down the pattern

as noted on page 50 of the manual

surely that's what you mean?
(10-29-2020, 10:12 PM)depaffect Wrote: SHIFT-UP-DELETE or SHIFT-DOWN-DELETE will shift notes up or down the pattern

Thanks, I think I read it wrong. I'm a noob and am apparently as terrible with the manual as I am the sequencer.
(10-29-2020, 10:12 PM)depaffect Wrote: SHIFT-UP-DELETE or SHIFT-DOWN-DELETE will shift notes up or down the pattern

This will either insert and delete the lower stuff or delete the upper things. It works though.

What you can do aswell is to mark what you want to shift and use the Nerd-Menu where you can use SHIFT+UP/DOWN but then it wraps also top-bottom or bottom top within the marked range.
PLEASE use the search function if something have been asked or discussed before.
Every (unnessesary) forum support means less time to develop! But of course, i am here to help!  Smile