Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FM Synth Issue
It's my first delve into producing FM sounds through Nerdseq running firmware 1.27A and I have a problem with the output plus other issues:

I have set up channel 7 as per the manual suggestions assigning 'Sine' waves to both OP1 & OP2. OP2 is set up as the modulation source for OP1 and muted. I have created a short 16 step pattern on Audio channel 7 and experimented with volume settings but the level of the output is so so quiet. A volume envelope via the 'Automate' cancels the sound completely. Also, I have tried to boost the signal through Intellijel Amps, and here's the weird part,  there is no signal present(??). 

Any suggestion of a 'proper' set up to achieve FM through Nerdseq would be truly appreciated.

Thanks.
The output of a sine with volume 7F is +- 2.5 Volt. With FF it is +- 5 Volt which are regular Eurorack audio levels.

Maybe you start with that, no modulations, no envelopes. Then you maybe add an envelope (not via the automators, the automators got no envelopes but only the regular envelopes as an input).
Then add OP1 to be modulated by OP2 (Set clone notes from 1 as a begin). And so on....

And be sure to check some of the examples I provided here:

https://xor-electronics.com/forum/showth...p?tid=1163
PLEASE use the search function if something have been asked or discussed before.
Every (unnessesary) forum support means less time to develop! But of course, i am here to help!  Smile
Thank you for the super quick reply. I have installed your FM projects, and I can hear the FM working and the sample accents but, unfortunately the levels are barely audible. My version only allows levels to FE not FF.  Also, When I go to connect the output to my Eurorack mixer(ES9) or the Amps module, I get a very audible click which suggests something is not right I guess?
(10-13-2023, 09:52 AM)Joscuzz Wrote: Thank you for the super quick reply. I have installed your FM projects, and I can hear the FM working and the sample accents but, unfortunately the levels are barely audible. My version only allows levels to FE not FF.  Also, When I go to connect the output to my Eurorack mixer(ES9) or the Amps module, I get a very audible click which suggests something is not right I guess?

Hmm...

Try to play the waveforms only on a empty project. FE is what I mean. But 7F should always be fine.

Try the same on track 8 for audio 8. Check your cables (just regular patch cables). Check the audio outputs with a scope if possible.
PLEASE use the search function if something have been asked or discussed before.
Every (unnessesary) forum support means less time to develop! But of course, i am here to help!  Smile
Sorted! Tried a different socket and firmly checked the power cables and everything is working just fine. Apologies for failing to laterally think this through. Appreciate your time Thomas.

All the best.
No problem. Happy to hear all is fine now :-) Enjoy and destroy your sounds in FM style!!!!